at IAAC | Fab Lab Barcelona we are looking for a researcher for a
Horizon 2020 project and a new unit:
Researcher for the SISCODE Horizon 2020 project and the RCS unit
SISCODE (co-DEsign for Society in Innovation and Science) is an European
Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme that aims at
understanding co-creation as a bottom-up and design-driven phenomenon
that is flourishing in Europe (in fab labs, living labs, social
innovations, smart cities, communities and regions), to analyse
favourable conditions that support its scalability and replication and
to use this knowledge to cross-fertilise RRI practices and policies.
This aim is articulated along three main operational objectives:
to create and run a European-wide study of existing local, regional,
national and European co-creation ecosystems and to describe effective
dynamics and outcomes for the implementable integration of society in
science and innovation;
to experiment with design as a new system of competences on which to
build capacity for implementable co-creation in RRI and STI policy making;
to understand the cultural, organisational and procedural
transformations needed to embed co-creation as a design-driven approach
in RRI processes and STI policy making, overcoming barriers and
resistance to change.
By engaging citizens, local actors, stakeholders and policy makers
SISCODE will increase knowledge on co-creation through action research,
and will test the effectiveness of design methodologies to better
combine co-construction (ideation) and co-production (implementation) of
solutions and policies for the integration of society in science and
The Research Coordination and Support Unit led from Fab Lab Barcelona at
IAAC (RCS) aims at supporting all the departments within IAAC to improve
their research activities along three main directions: (i) Research
promotion, (ii) Projects management and (iii) exploitation and
- SISCODE: Design co-creation journeys that will test in pilots the
effectiveness of design methodologies for the integration of society in
science and innovation.
- SISCODE: Develop and facilitate workshops and co-creation sessions with
pilot’s local actors and stakeholders.
- SISCODE: Assess and disseminate the results of co-creation journeys to
other actors in the co-creation labs ecosystems (Fab Labs, Science
Museums, Living Labs).
- RCS: Support in the communication of scientific results, yearly
statistics of IAAC results, public database of results and publications.
- RCS: Disseminate and promote calls for papers and European projects,
assess the academic and research staff and facilitate their
participation in such calls.
- RCS: Support the writing of European proposals (Horizon 2020, Creative
Competences (Experience, Knowledge and Skills):
- Experience in user-centred design and co-design processes, approaches
- Experience in planning and running workshops, pilots and events.
- Experience in desk research, workshops, interviews and other research
- Experience in writing scientific publications and participation to
conferences and events.
- Experience in writing and working in European research projects
(Horizon 2020, Creative Europe, …) is highly valued.
-Both experience as a practitioner and as academic are highly valued.
- An EU national, or with a working permit for Spain.
- Fluent in English, Spanish is a plus – other languages are a bonus.
- PhD, late-stage PhD or master’s graduate in a relevant field (design,
service design, interaction design, social sciences, etc.).
- 1 year contract, to be renewed later.
- Full time position (40 h week, from Monday to Friday) based in Barcelona.
- Date of start: 03/09/2018.
- Salary: 20,000.00 – 30,000.00 € per annum. according to experience.
DEADLINE AND APPLICATIONS SUBMISSION
The application period will close on the 25th June 2018.
Send your CV with a list of scientific publications, documents required
in the general basis and a Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with this
subject: “JOB APPLICATION – RESEARCHER @SISCODE+RCS”