Using blockchain for Fablabs sustainability

(Felicity Mecha) #1

I have been investigating on how block-chain can be used for sustainability in Fab labs. If anyone is working on this too or would like to collaborate please comment and let us keep the conversation going.

(Massimo Menichinelli) #2

Thanks for startting this topic! It’s an important issue, here in Barcelona we’ve been considering it for a while already, @tomas is leading the discussion on the Fab Chain project, last week he also held a workshop at FAB14, here’s the Fab Chain whitepaper!

(Felicity Mecha) #3

Thank you for sharing this. I wasnt able to attend Fab 14 and i am looking to find out what i missed. I have been working with a blockchain community here in Nairobi called EOS Nairobi and i am already seeing ways in which the technology would apply in the Fablab network. I hope we can all collaborate on this.

(Felicity Mecha) #4

I have read the white paper and i think it is a good idea. I second the Barcelona Cryptocurrency community that the Ethereum infrastructure will not work.The best implementation is that using delegated proof of stake such as in the EOS platform which is very current and fresh in the market. I would like to offer insights of this since we have worked closely with the makers of EOS and understand how it works.

(Felicity Mecha) #5

Also on a side note my thoughts on sustainability lay more on air dropping ICOs themed around different initiatives.

(Jakub Czaplicki) #6

@openp2pdesign and @felicity : Am I correct in understanding that by “using blockchain” you mean implementing some kind of de-centralised database that records/logs all the interactions between parties involved in a Fablab/makerspace or a fablab project ?

(Felicity Mecha) #7

Yes. Absolutely. That is what i meant

(Andreas Kopp) #8