Discussion about FabLab UERJ

(Mario Cesar Crispim da Silva) #1

Located at the Mechanical Engineering Department of the Rio de Janeiro State University, in Brazil, the lab has two 3D printers that are available to the students and one laser machine.
We are in process of buying a CNC Router capable of machining Aluminum and tools and equipments for a electronic workbench.
The lab provides a good atmosphere thanks to its proximity with the Mechanical Engineering Graduate Program, its Professors and Masters and Doctoral students.

This is the general thread for discussing the lab; the thread is also visible on its page at https://www.fablabs.io/labs/fablabuerj

(Jeremiah Bargio) #2

Hello FabLab UERJ, I am from Digihub-Fab Lab Davao based in Davao, Philippines, we’ve just built our fablab here and just submitted our application for fablab organizations. I messaged you here to connect with other fablabs who are also new in applying their facilities to the organizations. May I ask some questions if you don’t mind?

1. Who did you choose as your 3 referee labs?
  2. Had you contacted them already? or Had they responded to you?
  3. Do you have any idea if there are payments for this registration and how much is it?
  4. Do you also have any idea how long will we be waiting for their evaluation to our application?

Thank you. I hope forward to hear from you soon. God bless to all of us. Hopefully, our labs will be approved soon.

Warm regards,

Engr. Jeremiah B. Bargio
Science Research Assistant
Digihub - Fab Lab Davao
Davao City, Philippines

(Mario Cesar Crispim da Silva) #3

Hi Mr. Bargio,

We are glad that you contacted us, we can exchange experiences about starting a new FabLab, the difficulties and the ways to overcome them.

Regarding your questions:

1. We chose the following FabLabs:
    a) WoMa - Paris
    b) Fab Lab Barcelona
    c) Fab Lab Lima

2. Yes, we contacted they on Monday by e-mail (same day that we applied our FabLab). They have not answered yet. And about your application?

3. I almost sure that there is no fee for this application. I have not seen anything about it in the web site.

4. I do not have any idea about it. There is no deadline, so it can take a while. When did you apply?

Hopefully, they will!

Best regards,

Mario Crispim
Lab Assistant
FabLab UERJ - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

(Jeremiah Bargio) #4

Hello Mr. Crispim,

Good day my friend! I’m glad to hear from you. By the way, we have one common referee lab, Fablab Lima the other two we chose are Fablab Taipei and Fablab Madrid CEU. Same as you, we contacted them the day we submitted our application. However, I’ve just received an e-mail from fablabs.io today, it says one of our designated referee labs approved us already, we just have to wait for the other referee to submit their evaluation. (Attached here a snipped photo of the e-mail).

About the payment, my senior here actually opened up a task for me to ask if there is a payment for this for he was told before that there was. If you may, can you also inform me if you’ll be able to ask someone about this? Thank you so much.

We have applied last July 29, 2019. Hopefully, both our labs will be approved soon. God bless to you there my friend.

Best regards,

Engr. Jeremiah B. Bargio
Digihub - Fab Lab Davao
Davao City, Philippines

(Mario Cesar Crispim da Silva) #5

Hi Mr. Bargio,

Good to know you received your first approval! I think that sooner than you think you will get the other two.

Related to the payment, I have searched about it and the only thing about payment I have seen it is related to the Fab Academy. If your Lab wants to become a Node in the Academy, one instructor must take a course in the Academy and it costs around 5.000 Euros.

About the Fablabs.io platform in this link is said that is free.

To be 100% sure I think you should send an e-mail to one of the Referee Labs you chose, they will help.

Best Regards,

Mario Crispim
Lab Assistant
FabLab UERJ - Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

(Jeremiah Bargio) #6

Hi Mr. Crispim,

Thank you for this. How about yours, had someone approved already?

I’ll take note of this and thank you so much.

Keep in touch my friend. Feel free to message me here or you may also message us in facebook.

Best regards,

Engr. Jeremiah B. Bargio
Digihub - Fab Lab Davao
Davao City, Philippines